Wednesday 2 September 2015

Netball Semi Finals

Netball Semi Finals

It was 12:30 pm and it was a beautiful Friday afternoon as the Inter school netball players and I were stepping up and down the metal stairs.

As we arrived at the Lloyd Elsmore  netball courts we started warming up for our semi finals game with Waakaranga School.
Then it finally started...

Before the game had started we had to put our position bibs on and then we picked our team captain because we need a team captain and our captain needs to do paper,sicsors,rock with the other team's captain.

I played as the Goal Keeper ( GK ) which means that I have to keep the other team's shooter from getting the ball.

The shooter that I have to defend was a tall player with a netball dress that is red and black. She also had a pair of neon color sport shoes that were really BRIGHT. ( She was also really nice )

After a while later the game started and every started running, jumping and being a little CRAZY.
We started with the ball and everyone ( well not everyone but most ) wanted to get it.

At the end of the first round of the game got a good amount of ( I think ) 4 goals???

Next came the second round of the game, I came dashing for the ball but I was really tired that I almost felt like I was about to die.

Finally when the last round ended we get to finish.

We managed to get about 8 goals and the other team got about 7 goals.

WE WON BY ONE GOAL!!!

When we finished we said our "Good game's" to each other and then we head off back to school.

I had fun doing our semi finals game and I thought we were going to loose through out the game because  I found that Waakaranga School is a hard school to beat. But we won!!

I CAN"T WAIT UNTIL THE FINALS COMES!!!!!

No comments: