Friday 17 June 2016

Diary Post Term 2 Week 7

Dear Diary,
Our class have been doing some extraordinary learning this term. 
We have been doing games, watching videos and making new creations.

We have been doing a new art project. It's called Agamographs. Agamograph is an artwork and Agamograph is the name. This artwork is kind of like an illusion but it's not. At first it looked tricky to make but I realized that all you need to do is draw a picture, cut them to pieces and glue them onto a piece of card. I had fun making Agamographs and at the end it really did turned out great.

An event that we have been doing through the last couple of weeks was Terrific Tuesday. Terrific Tuesday is an event that we made and we choose a subject and learn about it around the term. I chose to make putiputi flax flowers. Putiputi falx flowers is a moari creation and you make flowers out of flax. I did this with Mrs Melville.

A couple of weeks ago it was Matariki so we decided to do a Matariki rotation to learn a little bit more about it. Matariki is the Moari new year. We made cookies that were shaped as stars that represents the seven stars of Matariki. We also made kites, learn to make a maori instrument etc. I think that having a rotation is a much better way to learn about Matariki because I learnt alot more about this event.

Those were some of the activities that we are doing through out this term.I really enjoyed doing these activities. Hope you enjoyed my diary post and learn a little bit more about learning at school.





No comments: