Wednesday 15 June 2016

Grid Value Potrait

Grid Value Portrait

W.A.L about value in art.


 In the beginning of the year our class made Grid Value Portraits. A grid value portrait is a drawing of yourself that have grids with different patterns in each square.


 We first saw some examples of how a Grid Value Portrait looks like when it's complete. Then we learnt a little bit more about them. We looked at information about Chuck Close who is a famous Artist that made this art work and then test it out.


 We first did a test and see the tones of shades. We took our line for a walk. Taking the line for a walk is just a way to say that your taking your pencil and drawing a scribble. We then tried it out.
 To make it easier we took a picture of our-self and drew grids around it so that we can copy it. We then enlarged it and drew the portrait in a bigger paper. Each of us made one and we drew little patterns some different and some the same.


The trickiest part of this artwork is drawing myself. I found that the head was the hardest because I tried making it at least symmetrical so that it looks nice.


My favorite part is doing the patterns because I can get creative when I choose the patterns.


I loved doing this Grid Value Portrait and I hope that you like it too.

No comments: