Wednesday 24 June 2015

My Recount

My Recount

Matariki as just past but I had lots of fun celebrating it in school. We did Matariki Rotations and activities to celebrate. Everyone was here even me! We did this Rotation to see what happened in Matariki, understand Matariki and to celebrate Matariki. 

First of all we splitted into groups. Each group had a number on it I went to group 5 where one of my friend's sister was.

Then a teacher stand beside our group leader. The teacher that we had was Mrs Kuroa and she lead us to our first Rotation which was with her.

When our group had arrived at the auditorium  we ran to the mat and sat down. Some of us lied down and the others just sat. I sat down because it's much more comfortable for me and I can see much more clearly.

A little while later Mrs Kuroa started talking about what we we're going to do. Then she said that at the end of the video she would ask questions and get prizes.

Then the video started. I listened carefully. The video was about the story about how the seven sisters turned to the seven stars. 

When the first round ended we went to our next round which was in Rm 6. 

At Rm 6 we coloured in stars with crayons and felttips. Then I can choose either to put in glitter or leave it. I decided to leave my star like it was.

Suddenly the bell rang and I was about to cut my star but TOO LATE it rang allready!!!!! Well at least I finished my star.

When everyone else came to line up behind our team leader we set of to our last and final rotation.

Finally we had reached Rm 24 with Ms Hues. We did colouring with pastels. We had to colour a paper that was shaped as a hand and it was quick and easy but also messy at the same time.

I coloured about 4 hands. That's how quick and easy it is to colour in just a peice of paper.

Then when the bell rang we zoomed back to our classrooms.

I had lots of fun doing the Matariki Rotations but it was sad that I didn't went to one of the paper making activities.




No comments: