Tuesday 20 October 2015

T4W2 Blog Recount

Fantastic Friday
"RIIIIINNGGG!" That was the sound of the playtime bell ringing out of CONTROL!! I saw children getting ready for something but what? RIGHT it was FANTASTIC FRIDAY! All the Year 3's,4's,5's and 6's were going WANKERS around the shade area finding their line to their activities. 

First I tried finding my line to my activity. My activity was sewing and wool crafts. I was so exited that I almost blew the roof of my head off. I checked if one of my friends were here and there was Mandy one of my friends and classmate. She looked lonely so I talked with her while we waited for the teacher that was leading the activity.

Just a moment later a teacher had arrived and said some questions like," Is this my group for sewing?, Are you all coming with me?, Are you all going to Rm 19 or 20?"

Once we had answered the questions we went into the room of COLORS and sat on the mat. One of the teachers told us what to do, oh sorry there was actually two teachers, any way back to the story, so the teacher told us what we will be sewing. At first I didn't understand what we were going to make but then the teacher ( Mrs Rist ) explained what it was. It was a called pot mitt. A pot mitt  is something that protects your hand from hotness of a pot so that means when your carrying a boiling pot and you need something to protect your hand you will need a pot mitt.

After that Mrs Rist showed us the different type of fabrics that we could use to make a pot mitt. There was lots of striped pattern fabrics, fabrics with castle on them and colorful fabrics too. I chose the colorful striped pattern fabric.

When everyone chose their fabric and sat down on the mat Mrs Rist showed us how to sew. It looked difficult but really it was actually simple! First I got a string from the other teacher (Mrs tjaliad.) Then I got help from Mrs Rist on tying the string. Then I started sewing  Up and Down, Up and Down, Up and Down, Up and Down. 
When I reached to the end I had sew back again:O I groaned,"AAHHH" and I started sewing back again. 

As I finished the sewing I went to Mrs Rist and she finished off by writing my name on a sticky note and pasting it on my fabric.

Just then the bell rang and everyone sat down on the mat ready to go back to their classes. The teachers had let us go back to our  classes and our class end the day off with the karakia.

I think it was a great idea to have FANTASTIC FRIDAY and I had so much fun doing sewing, making pot mitt, learning new things about sewing and having fun. 


No comments: