Friday 30 October 2015

Term 4 Week 3 Blog Recount

Athletics Rotation

On Friday we had our HUGE Athletics Rotations. The whole Seniors were doing it. There was High Jump, Long jump, Sprinting, Soft ball Throw. I was really nervous but I had to try it.

First we went into our age groups. I was at the 10 year old girls team. I saw my friends there Abimbola, Mandy and Norah. They all said,"Hi" to me and I said, "Hi" back. 

Once we had formed into our age groups we went to our school field. I saw lot's of year 6's and Year 5's in the group that I was in. I saw some of my last, last year class kids and kids that I know. Abimbola said that she was really excited for the sprinting because she was a fast runner and it was true!
Norah said that she was excited for the high jump and so did Mandy too. 
I was excited for both activities!


When everyone had arrived and got prepared one of the teachers started explaining what we had to do for Athletics. Our first activity was soft ball throw with Mr Write. He first tought us how to do a softball throw. ( You have to make sure that you have one arm aiming to the place you want to throw and the other hand holding the ball beside your face.) That's how I learned how to do a softball throw. 

Once we had practiced our softball throw we then started doing the real thing.
We formed into groups of fours and then we took turns throwing the ball. In my group I had Mandy, Abimbola and Norah. We went when Mr Write had called us. When it was my turn I did throw. I had pretty good throw but I didn't made it to the Athletics team for Softball but at least I had a try.

As everyone was throwing. Abimbola made it to the softball team but then she didn't made it because someone else  made it in her place so she had to come back with us :(

After a few minutes we were walking to the sandpit for long jump. I was really nervous for this one because I'm not a good long jumper but I am a good high jumper ;) We had Mrs Walker and Mrs Kan for the long jump. Mrs Walker told us the rules and what to do in long jump. ( You have to start of by running and then jump to the white part of the board and jump with all of your power.)

After that we started doing a practice run. I did the same thing that  Mrs Walker had said but I did something wrong. Yep something wrong. I forgotten that I was supposed to jump with 2 feet not 1 foot. So I need to make sure that in the next round I will need to jump with 2 feet

When it was my turn in the next round I remembered that I had to jump with 2 feet so I started running from the mark jumped right to the board and jumped off with  2 feet and landed to the sandpit. Mrs Walker said that in that round it was MUCH more better. So I said "Thank you" and went back to the line.

Just in that time of the last round Mrs Howard came and said that we will be going to our next activity. It was called Beanbag Mania but I never knew that we had that game in the rotations. Well we had to try it so we did. First the teacher told us how to play it. ( It's kind of difficult to explain the game so sorry :( ) Anyways back to the story we set up the game and started. There was four groups, group A, group B, group C and group D. I was in group B. Group B has to be in the corner sides where we use balls to try hitting the people who are charging for a beanbag.

When everyone was ready we started playing. The first two people from group D and A started charging in for a beanbag. We waited for the players to grab a beanbag and then we stared shooting. I was about to shoot when suddenly someone else started shooting right to our side. 
Well we just continued so it didn't matter. 

At the end we got about most of the players. But then we changed to different positions. Our team was the ones that were trying to get the beanbags to home without getting hit by a ball. I was more confident but I did had fun doing some throwing. As we charged to get a beanbag group D and group C was on a roll. 

At the end we got about 685 points and we won in that round. Also perfect timing because it's time to go to the next rotation which is sprinting. We all started of by getting into 2 groups. 1 is for the slow runners and the other one is for the fast runners. I went in the fats one because I am a pretty fast runner. 

Then we went to the running tracks. The fast runners went into one heat. We lined up and then the others started lining up in other heats. Then we started racing. I came second in the first race and then we raced again that time I came 3 place but then we had to race the fats ones. I came fifth place which means I lost:( but it was ok. 

Right then Mrs Melville said to come to the next activity so we went of to do High jump. first we split into two groups. One that jumps with their left legs and the other with right. I went on left because I jump with left. We had about 4 or 5 rounds of it because high jump was really short.

I almost made it to the team but I lost it.

High jump was fun but it was time to finish athletics. I had so much fun. But still I think athletics can be still really challenging.

No comments: